Friday, January 22, 2010

What do you do?

One night, a long, long time ago, I was at a bar with my friend PPP. We were chatting at the bar and a guy was lurking on a stool next to me. I paid no attention. I wasn't there for boys. I was there for beers. So she and I were all leaned in and he was hovering on the outskirts of our conversation, looking for a way in. But like I said, I wasn't paying any attention.

I started bitching about work and talking about certain administration personnel and ending my tale of woe with the exclamation, "I work with a bunch of RETARDS!"

The guy leaned over and asked, "What do you do?"

Dismissively, I said "Oh, I teach special ed."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ppp said...

still one of my favorite stories

Hiro said...

Hello! Just blogspotting. Great blog! I bookmarkd it.

Happy blogging!

紅豆 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.