Skip to main content

The Diving Board

So on Sunday I went with some friends to Glenwood Springs where there was a diving board! Yipeeee!!! I am 7. I was standing in line with tons of 8 year olds, plus my friends, when a little boy asked me "Will you do the back flip again?" Oh so cute.
"Of course."
Then as time went on and I watched the boys, I wanted to learn new tricks. This did not go as well. I was attempting to cork a front flip. Hmmm. I am not 7, I am 29 and when I hit the water with my fucking hips and thighs, it hurts. Do I stop? No. Here is the evidence. A normal person would have stopped after the first bruise, but no it is a series of at least three connected bruises.

for blog 007

Meowmix thinks my thigh is the perfect place to sleep, I've spent all week flopping back and forth between sleeping ON that bruise and fighting the cat from stepping on that bruise.
Tina took video of us flopping off the diving board, if I get ahold of any stupid moves of mine, I'll be sure to post them:)

Comments

  1. I had a good laugh reminiscing Brad's injury from Glenwood (that sounds mean). We are currently looking for the photo evidence. I laughed more than Brad on this one. He remembered how bad it hurt...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ususally just refer to my bruises as part of my colorful personality. Like mother, like daughter!
    MOM

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Quotes! The GAME

Introducing *drumroll please* Friday Quotes: The Game Apparently people play this game in their heads when they read this anyway so here's your chance to make it interactive. Guess who said each quote. You can post your answers in the comments. The person with the most correct answers gets.... the joy of being right. What? I don't paid for this blog, so you'll have to find self satisfaction wherever you can. Let the Games Begin! 1. "She's so dumb she thinks 'soy milk' is Spanish for 'I am milk'." 2. "Yeah... I didn't sit next to him on spaghetti day." 3. “Its just like when you don’t think about something, you know, and then you think about something.” 4. "What, you're my fucking mom? What, you shat me out of your womb?" 5. “I just had all of this emotion, and it burst forth from my face.” 6. “Chances are if you're reading it and you think its Heath, its probably Heath.” 7. “He drinks whiskey, or Izze, or l...

Friday Quotes!

"You may be unusually energetic today because your key planet Venus received an unexpected wake-up call from electrifying Uranus." "Nationalism does nothing but teach you how to hate people you've never met--all of a sudden you take pride in accomplishments you had no part in whatsoever... " -Doug Stanhope "Drink that, DENVER!" Quiz Results: You are 48% mean "Is the junk yard dog losing her bite?" "Weak!" "F you Karin--your pretty face is going to HELL!" "Yeah it is, I might have had to spit on a homeless person but I got 67%" At the fireworks- "Where would patriotism be without the Chinese?" "The phrase 'I'm not racist but...' should just be replaced with 'I'm racist AND...'" "12 million homeowners and investors will be "underwater"--owing more than their property is worth." "I prefer up-side-down. Makes people sound like they've gone face...

Home birth- The real fuckin deal

So the end of pregnancy is for the fuckin birds. I'm sure plenty of you out there know this. There's nothing to say but that you're sick of being pregnant. You're a little sick of the sweet smiles and knowing looks from strangers. You're just all over sick of it. You're spectacularly sick of the: when's your due date how far are you are you having a boy or a girl I bet you're sick of this what hospital are you going to, conversations. You miss when people used to ask about the soccer game you played or the book you're reading. You're sick of swollen handsfeetfaceneckanklesEVERYTHING. Oh and from the beginning of pregnancy until FRIDAY, I had NO stretch marks. Friday my entire lower abdomen erupted into one. giant. stretch mark. So all weekend, I thought, please let this be over soon. Every cramp I felt I welcomed and thought, "whatever work my body does now, it doesn't have to do during labor." Little did I know how much ...